DevOps on OSX
If you work at a DevOps organization, you use a lot of tools. Communication, architecture, planning, programming, testing. I always like reading what tools other people use to do their job. It helps me stay current. My development machine at Conjur is a Macbook Pro. This post is a list of the tools I use day-to-day, and how I use them.
- Slack - Internal chat; external chat; Github, Jenkins and Pingdom notifications.
- Google Drive - Sharing design docs/spreadsheets/presentations (inline commenting is great).
- Google Hangouts - Video chat for standups and other meetings.
- Screenhero - Pair programming tool. Both people can control mouse/keyboard and it’s the most reliable experience I’ve found with spotty connections.
- asciinema - Record and share terminal screencasts. Especially useful for sharing CLI workflows and creating tutorials. Check out the
-wflag on the
Continue reading →